Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has a huge 5.7″ 1440 x 2560 QHD Super AMOLED display, 2.7Ghz quad-core processor, 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage. The Galaxy Note 4 shooter comes in at 16MP with optical image stabilisation and 4K video recording. The exterior features a faux leather texture backing and metal casing.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has received a new Android 5.0.1 update with build number N910FXXU1BOC3. This build brings in some notable changes like Do not disturb, mute mode, contacts startup speed and much more. Follow the guide below to install this build on the Note 4.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Note 4:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install Android 5.0.1 on Note 4:
- Make a backup of your data.
- Extract the contents of Odin3 3.09.zip on your computer and install Odin on the PC.
- Turn off the phone and make sure it is not connected to the computer.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode by switching it off and then simultaneously pressing the Volume Down + the Home key button. While holding these both buttons, you need to switch on your device.
- Open Odin. Connect your phone to the computer and allow the drivers to install. You will see the “Added!!” message on Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for your phone.
- In the Odin Menu, make sure to check the Auto-Reboot and F.Reset options.
- Download the firmware zip file on the computer. Extract it and you will get a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Click the AP button in Odin and select the file extracted in the previous step. Do not make any unnecessary changes on Odin.
- Click the Start button in Odin and wait for a few moments.
- Phone will automatically reboot. Done !