Samsung Galaxy S I9000 was Samsung’s first entry into its Galaxy S series of Android smartphones. The Galaxy S features a 480×800 Super AMOLED touchscreen display, a 5 MP rear camera, a 0.3 MP VGA front-facing camera, and a 1 GHz processor. It came with Android 2.1 Eclair and was upgradable to Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
A few days back, we saw a guide on how to install Omni ROM running on Android 5.1 on the Samsung Galaxy S2. The same ROM is available for the Galaxy S also. It will update the Galaxy S to Android 5.1. This ROM offers the best Lollipop features taken from top Android custom ROMs such as CyanogenMod, SlimROMs and ParanoidAndroid ROM. Follow this guide to install it on the Galaxy S.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your S:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install Omni ROM on Galaxy S:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Omni ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Omni ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.