Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is powered by the dual-core ST-Ericsson NovaThor U8420 processor clocked at 1 GHz. The processor is backed up by 1 GB of RAM, up to 16 GB of storage, a 4″ WVGA Super AMOLED display, a 5 MP camera, and a 1500 mAh battery.
A custom OmniROM is available for the S3 Mini that will update this device to Android 5.1.1. Additionally, there are a handful of fixes and customisation in the 5.1.1 release, which is still in its beta phase. Follow this guide and update the S3 Mini to the latest Android 5.1.1 update.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S3 Mini:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy S3 Mini must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- OmniROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install OmniROM Galaxy S3 Mini:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the OmniROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the OmniROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.