Samsung Galaxy S3 has a 4.8″ 720p display. It was the first device to have a quad-core Exynos 4412 processor, with each core clocked at a maximum 1.4 GHz. It packs NFC, wireless charging capability, and the latest wireless radios. It ships with Samsung’s Nature UX interface. At the time of its launch, it ran on Android 4.0.4 ICS.
Previously, we saw how to update Galaxy S3 to Android 5.1.1 using the BlissPop ROM. Now another custom ROM is available for S3 which will update the device to Android 5.1.1 – Euphoria ROM. It will offer plenty of customizations and tweaks as compared to other ROMs. Interested users can follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S3:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy S3 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Euphoria zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Euphoria ROM Galaxy S3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Euphoria ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Euphoria ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.