Samsung Galaxy S5 has a 5.1″ Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080×1920. The Galaxy S5 is powered by a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2GB RAM. Internal storage comes in at either 16GB or 32GB, with a microSD slot up to 128GB. The 16MP camera is capable of 4K video recording and real time HDR photos.
Samsung has started pushing the Android 5.0 update for the S5 G900F. This comes as a surprise as Samsung usually takes a lot of time to roll out the official update. As this update is rolled out in batches, not all the devices will get the update together. If you have not got the official update, you can install it manually by following the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S5:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install Android 5.0 on Galaxy S5:
- Make a backup of your data.
- Extract the contents of Odin3 3.09.zip on your computer and install Odin on the PC.
- Turn off the phone and make sure it is not connected to the computer.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode by switching it off and then simultaneously pressing the Volume Down + the Home key button. While holding these both buttons, you need to switch on your device.
- Open Odin. Connect your phone to the computer and allow the drivers to install. You will see the “Added!!” message on Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for your phone.
- In the Odin Menu, make sure to check the Auto-Reboot and F.Reset options.
- Download the firmware zip file on the computer. Extract it and you will get a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Click the AP button in Odin and select the file extracted in the previous step. Do not make any unnecessary changes on Odin.
- Click the Start button in Odin and wait for a few moments.
- Phone will automatically reboot. Done !