Sony Xperia M4 Aqua has a 5″ display with a 720p resolution. It is powered by a 64-bit Octa Core processor and 2GB of RAM. It has a 13-megapixel Exmor RS camera on the back and a 5-megapixel selfie shooter on the front. Sony Xperia M4 Aqua is IP65 and IP68 certified, which allows it to be submerged in 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes without taking any damage. Sony is of the opinion of that M4 Aqua guarantees 2 days of battery life.
Although Sony Xperia M4 Aqua runs on Android Lollipop, Sony is seeding a new Android Lollipop update with build number 26.1.A.3.111. According to Sony, this update improves general software stability, improves camera stability and it includes the latest security enhancement. This update can be installed manually. A guide is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia M4 Aqua:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install Android 5.0 on Xperia M4 Aqua:
- Download the Flash tool and extract it. Then install the Flash tool.
- Download the Xperia M4 Aqua .ftf file.
- Copy the .ftf file to the Firmware folder which will be created when you extracted the Flash Tool.
- Switch off Xperia M4 Aqua and connect it to the computer.
- Run FlashTool on your PC and click on Flash.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and wait for the process to complete.
- Once it is completed, phone will reboot. Done!