Xperia Z3 was the flagship device of second half of 2014. Xperia Z3 runs on a 2.5Ghz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage and a 3100mAh battery. The 5.2″ IPS LCD display has a 1080p resolution and utilises Sony’s Triluminuous backlighting technology. The Xperia Z3 is also IP65 and IP68 compliant, meaning it’s good for those dusty or wet environments. Z3 also has a new impressive camera, featuring a 20.7MP.
Sony Xperia Z3 has not received the official Android 5.1.1 update. Android 5.1.1 update is a bug fix which tries to solve critical problems plaguing Android Lollipop. You can install it on Xperia Z3 via custom Carbon ROM. This ROM is based on CM ROMs and offers very good features. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z3:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install Carbon ROM on Xperia Z3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Carbon ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Carbon ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.