Sony Xperia C3 features a 5.5-inch HD (720×1280 pixel) Triluminos display supported by Bravia Engine 2. It is powered by 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, Adreno 305 GPU and 1 GB of RAM. It has 8 GB of internal memory which could be expanded to 32 GB via the microSD card slot. It runs on Android 4.4 KitKat. Mostly importantly it has a 5MP front camera with flash.
Sony has started rolling out the Android 5.1.1 update for Xperia C3. The .ftf file is available for this device which will enable you to install it manually rather than waiting for the OTA. Follow the detailed guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia C3:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install Android 5.1.1 on Xperia C3:
- Download the Flash tool and extract it. Then install the Flash tool.
- Download the Xperia C3 .ftf file.
- Copy the .ftf file to the Firmware folder which will be created when you extracted the Flash Tool.
- Switch off Xperia C3 and connect it to the computer.
- Run FlashTool on your PC and click on Flash.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and wait for the process to complete.
- Once it is completed, phone will reboot. Done!