Sony Xperia T2 Ultra is a mid-range Android smartphone, released in May 2014. The T2 Ultra features a large 6″ IPS LCD display, with a 720p resolution. It has a quad-core Snapdragon 400 1.4GHz processor and 1GB of RAM. Internal storage coes in at 8GB, and can be increased with a microSD card. It has a 13MP rear camera and 1.1MP front facing camera. The T2 Ultra is powered by a 3000mAh battery.
Xperia T2 Ultra has started receiving the OTA for Android 5.1.1. Not all the regions have received it though it is expected it would be rolled out for everyone. The build number the firmware brings is 19.4.A.0.182. With this firmware, you will be able to enjoy the latest Android 5.1.1 features. You can also manually install this firmware. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia T2 Ultra:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install Android 5.1.1 on Xperia T2 Ultra:
- Download the Flash tool and extract it. Then install the Flash tool.
- Download the Xperia T2 Ultra .ftf file.
- Copy the .ftf file to the Firmware folder which will be created when you extracted the Flash Tool.
- Switch off Xperia T2 Ultra and connect it to the computer.
- Run FlashTool on your PC and click on Flash.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and wait for the process to complete.
- Once it is completed, phone will reboot. Done!