Sony Xperia Z1 was released in September 2013. Xperia Z1 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 2.2GHz quad-core processor, and 2GB of RAM. The 5″ TFT display has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and is manufactured utlising Sony’s Bravia technology. Internal storage comes in at 16GB, with a further 64GB available with microSD. Z1 has a 20.7MP sensor.
Sony is seeding Android 5.1.1 for Xperia Z1 with the build number 14.6.A.0.368. It will bring some new features – increased customisation options, brand new LinkedIn integration, camera improvements, enhanced enterprise support, SmartWear integration and much more. To install it on your Z1, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z1:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install Android 5.1.1 on Xperia Z1:
- Download the Flash tool and extract it. Then install the Flash tool.
- Download the Xperia Z1 .ftf file.
- Copy the .ftf file to the Firmware folder which will be created when you extracted the Flash Tool.
- Switch off Xperia Z1 and connect it to the computer.
- Run FlashTool on your PC and click on Flash.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and wait for the process to complete.
- Once it is completed, phone will reboot. Done!