Sony Xperia Z2 was released in the first half of year 2014. It has a 5.2″ IPS LCD display, with a resolution of 1920×1080. it’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, with 3GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage and a microSD slot. The Z2 has a 20.7MP camera, with 4K video recording at 60 frames/second. All this is powered by a 3200mAh battery.
A few days back we saw how to install official Android 5.1.1 on Sony Xperia Z3 manually. Now a .ftf file is available for Xperia Z2 which will enable you to manually install Android 5.1.1 on Sony Xperia Z2. A detailed guide to install it on Xperia Z2 is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z2:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install Android 5.1.1 on Xperia Z2:
- Download the Flash tool and extract it. Then install the Flash tool.
- Download the Xperia Z2 .ftf file.
- Copy the .ftf file to the Firmware folder which will be created when you extracted the Flash Tool.
- Switch off Xperia Z2 and connect it to the computer.
- Run FlashTool on your PC and click on Flash.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and wait for the process to complete.
- Once it is completed, phone will reboot. Done!