Xperia Z3 was the flagship device of second half of 2014. Xperia Z3 runs on a 2.5Ghz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage and a 3100mAh battery. The 5.2″ IPS LCD display has a 1080p resolution and utilises Sony’s Triluminuous backlighting technology. The Xperia Z3 is also IP65 and IP68 compliant, meaning it’s good for those dusty or wet environments. Z3 also has a new impressive camera, featuring a 20.7MP.
The dual SIM version of Xperia Z3 has received official Android 5.1.1 update. A ftf file is available which will enable you to install Android 5.1.1 on Xperia Z3 Dual manually. However it has some bugs like USSD doesn’t work and date on the notification bar clashes with icons. If you want to install it, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z3:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install Android 5.1.1 on Xperia Z3 Dual:
- Download the Flash tool and extract it. Then install the Flash tool.
- Download the Xperia Z3 .ftf file.
- Copy the .ftf file to the Firmware folder which will be created when you extracted the Flash Tool.
- Switch off Xperia Z3 and connect it to the computer.
- Run FlashTool on your PC and click on Flash.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and wait for the process to complete.
- Once it is completed, phone will reboot. Done!