Yu Yureka features a 5.5″ 720 x 1280 IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass 3. It’s powered by a 64-bit 1.5GHz octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor, Adreno 405 GPU and 2GB of RAM. Internal storage comes in at 16GB, which is expandable to 32GB via microSD card. The rear camera sports a 13MP Sony Exmor CMOS sensor with an F/2.2 aperture, while the front facing camera features a 5MP sensor. All this is backed by a 2500mAh battery.
Yu Yureka has started receiving the new Cyanogen OS 12 OTA which will update the build to YNG1TAS1K0. The new build for Cyanogen OS 12 brings a bunch of power improvements and security enhancements including a few critical bug-fixes for widespread issues concerning battery drain and heat issues. Follow the guide below to install this build on the Yu Yureka.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Yu Yureka:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install Cyanogen OS 12 on Yu Yureka:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Cyanogen OS 12 file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together until the device enters Recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, tap on Apply update button and then select the internal storage option. Then choose the 0/ option (root folder) and then browse and select the Cyanogen OS 12 file (cm-tomato-56deeca328-to-00b2e333e8-signed.zip), which you copied earlier to your phone in step 2.
- After you select the firmware file, the firmware installation will begin. Once the installation completes, return to the main screen in Recovery mode.
- Hit the Reboot system now button and wait until the phone reboots into the freshly installed Cyanogen OS 12 OTA update.