It is safe to say that Whatsapp is the biggest revolution in Instant Messaging, It is clearly the leader among Cross Platform Instant Messaging apps. However one thing that Whatsapp lacks is support for using it on Tablets, since the WiFi versions do not have an SIM card slot. Also, most 3G capable Tablets do not allow the traditional SMS and Calling features.
Setting us Whatsapp on a Tablet is very easy. Whatsapp requires a phone number to register your device to. The only drawback of using Whatsapp on your Tablet is that if you cannot register more than one Device to a single SIM. Hence if you wish to use Whatsapp on both Cellphone and Tablet you will have to buy a dummy SIM card.
- A working SIM card (SIM card which is not registered for any device that’s using Whatsapp).
- A cellphone.
- Latest Whatsapp APK File.
- WiFi Connection
- Connect the Tablet to the PC/MAC and transfer the Whatsapp APK file to the External storage of the Tablet.
- On the Tablet go to “Settings>Security>Tick Unknown Sources”
- Now use any File manager like File Explorer to navigate to the folder where “WhatsApp.apk” is placed.
- Install the Whatsapp APK file.
- Now Insert the SIM card in your Cellphone.
- Launch the Whatsapp app in the Tablet.
- You’ll be asked to enter your phone number.
- Enter the phone number of the SIM card you inserted in the Cellphone.
- Shortly You’ll receive an SMS on your cellphone.
- Enter the Validation code into your Tablet.
- Now your Tablet is ready to used with Whatsapp.