The Xperia Z1 is Sony’s latest flagship device. It was launched last month after the huge success of its predecessor, the Xperia Z. It has a 5 inch 1080p LCD display, 2.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory which can be further expanded up to 64 GB via microSD card. The device sports a massive 20.7 MP rear camera and a 2 MP front facing camera. Also, just like the Xperia Z, it is dust and water resistant.
Some users of the Xperia Z had issues about its sound quality, particularly about the low volume of sound coming out from its external speaker. We had covered an article regarding this as to how you can increase the volume on the Xperia Z. And though the Xperia Z1 does have much better quality external speakers than the Xperia Z, some users may want to tweak its volume and improve its sound quality even further. Keeping this in mind, XDA Senior Member auras76 has come up with a mod which not only significantly increases the volume of the external speakers, but also of the headphones and the call speaker. You can install this mod by following the below steps.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Sony Xperia Z1:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Download the volume boost zip file and copy it to the SD card of your device.
- Switch off your device and boot into recovery mode.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card” and choose the Volume Boost zip file.
- After the installation is complete, reboot your device.