The Omni ROM is a new entrant in the lineup of the many custom ROMs that are currently available for Android users to flash on their devices. The developing team’s main focus is on multi-window support along with security features and user-activated screen recorder. The official Android 4.4 builds have not yet been rolled out for any device. However, many unofficial builds have been developed for various devices. And XDA Recognized Developer tilal6991 has built one such for the Sony Xperia T to let its users experience Android 4.4 on their device..
The Xperia T was Sony’s flagship phone launched last year. It had a 4.6″ HD Reality Display with Bravia Engine, 1.5 GHz dual core processor, 1 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage which could be further expanded up to 32 GB via a microSD card. It also had a 13 MP rear camera, 1.3 MP front facing camera and 1850 mAh non-removable battery. It originally ran on Android 4.0.4 which was later upgraded to Android 4.3. Now follow the below mentioned steps to run Android 4.4 on it.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Sony Xperia T:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia T bootloader must be unlocked
- Xperia T must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Omni ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the Omni ROM zip file and the Gapps zip file and copy it to the SD card of your Sony Xperia T.
- Switch off your device and boot into recovery mode.
- Now select “Install Zip”, then “Select Zip” and choose the Omni ROM zip file.
- Again select “Install Zip”, then “Select Zip” and choose the Gapps zip file.
- Now perform a “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”.
- Finally reboot your device.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 4.4 (Omni ROM) on your Sony Xperia T.
Note: There are some issues with the HDMI out in this ROM. Also do not restore apps by Titanium Backup as it might cause problems.