HTC Incredible S was launched a long time ago. It is the successor to HTC Incredible. It has a 4″ display with a resolution of 480×800 pixels. It is powered by a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 processor, 768MB of RAM. It originally ran on Froyo OS (Android 2.2) and it was upgradable to Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0).
HTC Incredible S is an old device but still Android 4.4, which is the latest OS, is available for Incredible S via the CM 11 ROM. Majority of the features are working properly. However the camera is broken and the native screenshot is not working. These bugs will be fixed in the coming updates. Follow the instructions given below to install CM 11 on HTC Incredible S.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC Incredible S:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- S-off, bootloader unlocked
- HTC Incredible S must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 11 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 on HTC Incredible S:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache. Also format the system.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.