Google Nexus 10 was released in November last year. It has a 10.1″ display with a resolution of 2560×1600 pixels (300ppi). At the time of its release. it was the world’s highest resolution tablet. It is powered by the Exynos 5250 processor, which features two ARM Cortex A15 cores running at 1.7 GHz and a powerful ARM Mali T604 GPU. It has 2GB of RAM and 16/32 GB storage options. It was one of the first devices to run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
Google will start to roll out the Android 4.4 KitKat update to the Nexus 10 anytime soon. You can install Android 4.4 on the Nexus 10 without having to wait for the official update via the CM 11 custom ROM. CM 11 is fully functional on the Nexus 10 however it might have a few bugs. Stock launcher does not work properly so you can use any third party launcher. Follow the instructions given below to install CM 11 on Nexus 10.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your tablet getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 10:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android device via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android device
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android device and Email
- Nexus 10 must be rooted
- Bootloader unlocked
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 11 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 on Nexus 10:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the tablet.
- Switch off the tablet and boot into Recovery mode.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache. Also format the system.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the device.