We have recently seen many tutorials on this site with regards to installing the latest AOKP ROM on Android devices. The HTC One is the next device in the line. The AOKP ROMs, popular among users for the plethora of customizing options that it offers, is fairly easy to install on devices. And with the ROM allowing users to run Android 4.3 on their devices, this is surely one of the must have ROMs for everyone.
The One is HTC’s latest flagship device launched earlier this year. It had pretty impressive specs: 4.7″ LCD display, a 1.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, 2 GB RAM, 32 and 64 GB internal memory, 4 MP ultrapixel rear camera and a 2.1 MP front facing camera. The device ran on Android 4.1.2, coated with HTC’s own Sense 5 UI, with an Android 4.3 update made available this month. We have previously seen how to install the CM 10.2 ROM and the Paranoid Android 3.99 ROM on this device. Let’s now see the steps involved in installing the AOKP ROM on it.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC One:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Download the latest AOKP ROM zip file and the Gapps zip file and copy it to the root of the internal storage of your device.
- Now boot into recovery using the following method: Turn off your device and then press the volume down and power button together until the HBOOT menu is displayed. Then use the volume button to navigate to “Recovery” and select it using the power button.
- Now select “wipe data/factory reset” and then choose “Yes”.
- Next select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the AOKP ROM zip file.
- Again select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the Gapps zip file.
- After installation is complete reboot your device.
You have successfully installed AOKP (Android 4.3) ROM on your HTC One.
Note: The ROM is still in nightly stages and so may contain few bugs.