The latest Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) ROMs are now available on their website for various devices. Codenamed jb-mr2, these ROMs are the Android 4.3 ROMs from the AOKP team. The AOKP ROMs have been favored by users especially for the plenty of customizing options that it offer. And the team have developed the new ROM keeping this in mind thus providing the same along with Android 4.3 for the users.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2, launched last year after the huge success of the Galaxy Note, originally ran on Android 4.1.1 along with Samsung’s TouchWiz UI. Sticking to its phablet image, it had a huge 5.5 inch screen and the S-Pen, a stylus to be used for performing on-screen actions. Just like its forerunner, it turned out to be a highly successful device leading to the launch of its successor, the Galaxy Note 3.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE (N7105) with custom recovery installed
- AOKP ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the latest AOKP ROM zip file and the Gapps zip file and copy it to the SD card of your device.
- Turn off your device and boot into recovery by pressing and holding the volume up, home and power buttons.
- Once in recovery, select “wipe data/factory reset” and then choose “Yes”.
- Now select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the AOKP ROM zip file.
- Next select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the Gapps zip file.
- Reboot your device.
You have successfully installed AOKP ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE (N7105).
Note: The ROM is still in nightly stages and so may contain few bugs.