Samsung had launched the Galaxy S4 Mini which is a smaller, less expensive option to its flagship S4 device. And recently, the CyanogenMod team started rolling out their ROMs for this device, with a release candidate version soon made available. We have already seen how to root the S4 Mini and install custom recovery on it. We will now proceed in installing CM 10.1 on the GT-i9195.
The S4 mini looked exactly the same as the S4 along with the same checks pattern that was seen at the back of the S4. It had a 4.3 inch screen with a resolution of 960×540. It was powered by a 1.7 Ghz dual core processor and 1.5 GB of RAM. It had 8 GB of internal storage with an option to increase it more via an expandable memory card slot valid up to 64 GB. It came with Samsung’s TouchWiz UI and Android 4.2.2.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195):
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195) with custom recovery installed
- CM 10.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the CM 10.1 zip file and the Gapps zip file and copy it to your SD card.
- Now turn off your device and boot into recovery. To do this, press Volume Up and Home when the phone is booting up. You can familiarize yourselves with CWM recovery by following the beginners guide.
- Next select “wipe data/factory reset” and then choose “Yes”.
- Then select “wipe cache partition” and then choose “Yes”.
- Now select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the CM 10.1 zip file.
- Again select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the Gapps zip file this time.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your device and you have successfully installed CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195).