Some Might think that a Sony Ericsson Xperia 2011 Lineup device is Obsolete and meaningless in today’s race for high configurations. Thought it isn’t even close to the best Smartphone in market Xperia Ray performs quite decent even after 2 years since it’s launch. It was Launched with a Gingerbread based firmware and got upgraded to an ICS based Firmware, but Sony discontinued any further support to this device. However, this did not stop independent developers FXP to continue the development for this device and made available CM10 a Jellybean (4.1.2) based Custom ROM. And Recently XDA Senior Member iriijo has come up with a beta version of CyanogenMod10.1.
This version of CM10.1 for Xperia Ray isn’t an official version but developed independently from CM10.1 source. The ROM is still a Work in progress and has a few things broken. The current Bugs list is as follows:
- Radio disabled
- Bluetooth not working
- Jellybean 4.2 Camera not functioning (Legacy Camera used)
- Few Graphics Glitches.
Other than these bugs the ROM is stable enough. If you are more concerned with having the latest Android over stability you should certainly try this ROM.
Disclaimer: No member of this site is responsible for any bricked devices. Follow this tutorial at your own Risk.
Lets see a short tutorial to Install this ROM in your Xperia Ray:
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Download CM 10.1 flashable zip
- Download Gapps for Jellybean 4.2.2
- Download Lupusv6 kernel.
- Transfer all the flashable zip files to your External storage.
- Flash the downloaded kernel. Follow this tutorial to flash the kernel.
- Power off your device and enter recovery mode by switching it on and then pressing Volume up button continuously.
- Once in recovery made a backup of your current system.
- Then do a factory reset.
- Go to Install zip from sdcard and install the ROM followed by the GAPPS.
- Now restart the device to enjoy CM10.1.
- If you face any bootloops restore via recovery from the backup made in step 4.