HTC One, this years flagship device of HTC, is powered by a quad-core 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor (APQ8064T), 2 GB of RAM. It has 32 or 64 GB of storage, a 4.7″ 1080p Super LCD 3 display with 468 ppi, a 4 MP “Ultrapixel” camera with an f/2 lens and large pixels, and a 2300 mAh battery. It ran on Android 4.1 at the time of its launch.
HTC One Google Play Edition has received the official Android 4.4 update but the One hasn’t received it yet. But HTC One users can still update their devices to Android 4.4 using the CM 11 custom ROM. CM ROMs are the most popular custom ROMs in the Android community due to its features and performance. Follow the instructions given below to install CM 11 on HTC One.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Note: The ROM might have some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC One:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- HTC One must be rooted
- Bootloader unlocked
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 11 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 on HTC One:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache. Also format the system.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.