LG Nexus 5 was released a few days ago along with Android 4.4 KitKat. Nexus 5 has a 4.95″ True HD IPS Plus display, which has a resolution of 1080 x 1920, and a pixel density of 445 ppi. It is powered by a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 2.3GHz quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM and an Adreno 330 GPU. It has 2300mAh battery and also has wireless charging feature.
CyanogenMod ROMs are the most famous ROMs in the Android community due to its features and performance. A CM 11 ROM is available for the Nexus 5. The developer has removed all the unnecessary apps from this ROM. It is a much more smoother ROM with a better performance. Lets proceed with installing the CM 11 ROM on Nexus 5.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 5:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Nexus 5 must be rooted
- Bootloader unlocked
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 11 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 on Nexus 5:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache. Also format the system.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.