LG Nexus 5 was released a few days ago. It has all the specifications of a high end device. It boasts of a 2.30GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM. It has a 4.95″ screen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels (445 ppi). It comes with 16/32 GB storage options. Nexus 5 runs on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat OS. A slightly disappointing thing was the 2300mAh battery.
Although Nexus 5 was released recently, the development for this phone has already begun. We already saw how to root Nexus 5. Now a custom CWM recovery is also available for the Nexus 5. CWM recovery is useful for a variety of purposes like flashing new ROM, installing mods, etc.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 5:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to Install CWM Recovery on Nexus 5:
- Make sure Nexus 5 drivers are properly installed.
- Download the fastboot zip file on your computer and extract it to a convenient location.
- Download the recovery file and copy it to the folder where the fastboot files were extracted.
- Now connect the phone to the computer.
- Open command prompt where fastboot and the recovery image files are extracted.
- Type the following commands and then press enter:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery hammerhead-cwm-220.127.116.11-unofficial.img
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Done! CWM recovery is now installed on the Nexus 5.