The HTC One is one of the most popular phones in the Android community. Lauded especially for its camera and the HTC Sense 5, this phone has even excelled in the benchmark category among other Android phones such as the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Sony Xperia Z. Thus it was fitting for the CyanogenMod team to start developing their ROMs for this device. And they have recently started rolling out nightlies of the 10.2 version of their ROM which runs on Android 4.3
The HTC One was launched with Android 4.1.2 in it. After some time, HTC also launched a Google Play Edition version of it which had the UI of a stock Android. We have previously seen how to install the Google Play Edition ROM on a non Google Play Edition HTC One. We have also seen how to install CyanogenMod 10.1 on it. Let’s now proceed in installing CyanogenMod 10.2 on it.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC One:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Download the latest CM 10.2 zip file and the Gapps zip file and copy it to the root of the internal storage of your device.
- Now boot into recovery. You can follow this method: Turn off your device and then press the volume down and power button together until the HBOOT menu is displayed. Then use the volume button to navigate to “Recovery” and select it using the power button.
- Next select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the CM 10.2 zip file.
- Now again select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the Gapps zip file.
- Next select “wipe data/factory reset” and then choose “Yes”.
- Finally reboot your phone and you have successfully installed CM 10.2 on your HTC One.
Note: Do not try to restore apps and their data using Titanium Backup as it may cause few problems. Also if you are upgrading from a previous version of CM, you can skip step 5 and directly reboot after flashing.