The LG G2 is the latest device to get the official CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM. Although still in nightly stage, this latest version of the CM ROM is updated to Android 4.3 and new features are regularly added as new nightlies are released. The new nightlies also try to fix the bugs that may be present in the ROM. The CM team is very consistent in releasing new nightlies with a new build being made available almost everyday.
The G2 is LG’s latest flagship device. Launched last month, the G2 has a 5.2 inch 1920 x 1080 True HD-IPS screen, 2.26GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage but no external memory card slot. The device sports a 13MP rear camera and a 2.1MP front facing camera. It has a 3000mAh battery and runs on Android 4.2.2.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your LG G2:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- LG G2 must be rooted
- LG G2 must be bootloader unlocked
- Custom recovery must be installed
- CM 10.2 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the latest CM 10.2 nightly and the Gapps zip files and copy them to the root of the internal storage of your device.
- Switch off your device and boot into recovery mode.
- Perform “Wipe Data/ Factory Reset”.
- Next select “Install Zip”, then “Select Zip” and choose the CM 10.2 zip file.
- Again select “Install Zip”, then “Select Zip” and choose the Gapps zip file this time.
- Finally reboot your device to complete the process.
You have successfully installed CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM on your LG G2.
Note: The ROM is still in nightly stages and so it may contain few bugs. Also do not try to restore apps and their data using Titanium Backup as it may cause few problems.