The Wi-Fi edition of the Nexus 7 (2013) tablet received official CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM long ago. As a result, its users were able to run the latest version of the CyanogenMod ROM on their devices for some time now. However, the users of the LTE version of the device were left waiting for an official ROM from the CM team. And now their patience has been finally rewarded with the CM 10.2 ROM being made available for the device.
The second generation Nexus 7 tablet was launched by Google in July of this year after the success of its predecessor last year. It featured a 7.02″ IPS display, quad-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 2GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage, 5MP rear camera and a 1.2MP front facing camera. It had dual front facing speakers, a 3950mAh battery and ran on Android 4.3. We have previously seen how to install this ROM on the Wi-Fi version of this tablet. Let us now proceed in installing it on the LTE version.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 7 (2013) LTE:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Rooted Nexus 7 (2013) with Custom recovery (TWRP) installed
- Unlocked bootloader
- CM 10.2 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the latest CM 10.2 zip file and the Gapps zip file and copy it to the root of the internal storage of your device.
- Switch off your device and boot into fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power. From there, boot into recovery.
- Once in recovery, tap on “Wipe” and perform “Swipe to Factory Reset”.
- Next tap on “Install”, select the CM 10.2 zip file and perform “Swipe to Confirm Flash”.
- Now go back and select the Gapps zip file and perform “Swipe to Confirm Flash”.
- After the installation is complete, tap on “Reboot System” to complete the process.
That’s it. You have successfully installed CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM on your Nexus 7 (2013) LTE version.
Note: The ROM is a nightly build and so may contain few bugs.