The CyangoenMod 10.2 ROM is being made available for many devices as soon as possible with the launch of the next Android version looming ahead. This latest build of the ROM allows users to run Android 4.3 on their devices. Thus users that are still waiting for an official Android update from the manufacturers of their devices can install this ROM to experience it.
The Note 2 was Samsung’s second device in the Note phablet series. Launched last year, it had a 5.5″ Super AMOLED display, 1.6 GHz Quad-Core Exynos 4412 processor, 2 GB RAM, 16/32/64 GB internal memory, 8 MP Rear Camera, 1.9 MP Front Camera and Android 4.1.1 later upgradable to 4.1.2. We have previously seen how to install this ROM on the Galaxy Note 2 (N7100). Let us now proceed in installing it on the Galaxy Note 2 LTE (N7105).
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE (N7105) with custom recovery installed
- CM 10.2 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the latest CM 10.2 nightly and the Gapps zip files and copy them to the SD card of your device.
- Switch off your device and boot into recovery by pressing and holding the volume up, home and power buttons.
- Now select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the CM 10.2 zip file.
- Again select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the Gapps zip file this time.
- Next select “wipe data/factory reset” and then choose “Yes”.
- Lastly reboot your device.
That’s it. You have successfully installed CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE (N7105).
Note: The ROM is still in nightly stages and so it may contain few bugs. Also do not try to restore apps and their data using Titanium Backup as it may cause few problems.