The highly sought after CyanogenMod 10.2 ROMs are now available for many devices. Although still in the nightly stages, the thought of running the latest CM ROM on your device is too good to be overlooked. And the latest device to get this ROM is the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195).
The Galaxy S4 Mini was launched by Samsung a few months after unveiling the Galaxy S4. It was smaller, a bit less powerful and less expensive than the S4. It had a 4.3 inch screen with a resolution of 960×540, 1.7 Ghz dual core processor, 1.5 GB of RAM, 8 GB of internal storage with an option to increase it more via an expandable memory card slot valid up to 64 GB. We had previously seen how to install CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM on this device. Let us now proceed in installing CyanogenMod 10.2 on it.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195):
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195) with custom recovery installed
- CM 10.2 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the latest CM 10.2 zip file and the Gapps zip file and copy it to the SD card of your device.
- Turn off your device and boot into recovery. To do this, press Volume Up and Home when the phone is booting up. You can familiarize yourselves with CWM recovery by following the beginners guide.
- Now select “wipe data/factory reset” and then choose “Yes”.
- Next select “wipe cache partition” and then choose “Yes”.
- Select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the CM 10.2 zip file.
- Again select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the Gapps zip file this time.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your device.
That’s it. You have successfully installed CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195).
Note: The ROM is currently in nightly stage and so may contain few bugs. Also do not restore backed up data of system apps as it leads to problems.