CyanogenMod 10.2 nightlies have started rolling out for numerous devices. These ROMs allow users to run Android 4.3 on their devices. And though the CyanogenMod team have announced intentions of making the installation of their ROMs a bit easier, till that suffices, we have to go by the traditional way of ROM installation.
The HTC One was launched on Verizon network soon after the huge success of the GSM version. It ran on Android 4.2.2 and the latest Sense UI. The hardware specs of this smartphone included a 4.7″ screen with 1080p resolution, 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB internal storage, 4 MP ultrapixel camera and 2300 mAh battery. We have already seen how to install this ROM on the GSM HTC One. Let us now see how to install it on the Verizon variant.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Verizon HTC One:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Verizon HTC One Bootloader unlocked
- Verizon HTC One must be rooted
- Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 10.2 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the latest CM 10.2 zip file and the Gapps zip file and copy it to the root of the internal storage of your device.
- Boot into recovery using the following method: Turn off your device and then press the volume down and power button together until the HBOOT menu is displayed. Then use the volume button to navigate to “Recovery” and select it using the power button.
- Next select “wipe data/factory reset” and then choose “Yes”.
- Now select “wipe cache partition” and then “Yes”.
- Now select “advanced”, then “wipe dalvik cache” and choose “Yes”.
- Select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the CM 10.2 zip file.
- Again select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the Gapps zip file.
- Lastly reboot your device.
CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM has been successfully installed on your Verizon HTC One.
Note: The ROM is a nightly and contains some bugs.