HTC Evo 4G launched in 2010 has some impressive specifications. It runs on a 1 GHz Scorpion processor with Adreno 200 GPU and Qualcomm QSD8650 Snapdragon chipset and has 512 MB RAM. An 8 MP camera just adds a gloss to this phone!
Initially, the Evo 4G had Eclair OS (Android 2.1) which was upgraded to Gingerbread (Android 2.3). It is comparatively older phone so HTC did not go ahead with the ICS and JB updates. But the CyanogenMod community went ahead and made a custom ROM running on JellyBean for this phone.
There will be some small bugs in this ROM, but it is perfectly usable for day to day purposes.
This ROM has some impressive feature list like 4.2 JB Keyboard with Swipe gestures, ROM Toolbox, Pimp My Rom, Kernel Tuner, Sense 4/Samsung Mix Clock Widget, 4.1 JB Camera with Swipe to Gallery and much more. Follow the instructions given below to install this ROM on the HTC Evo 4G.
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Root Access for HTC Evo 4G
- Custom Recovery installed on Evo 4G
- ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Make a Nandroid backup of the device. Do it using the Custom recovery.
- Download the ROM zip file and Gapps zip file from the above links and place it on the root of the SD card.
- Reboot into the Recovery Mode.
- Factory reset the phone, wipe dalvik cache and format boot, system and sd-ext.
- Go to “Select zip from SD card” and choose the ROM zip file.
- Now clear the cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to “Select zip from SD card” and choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the device.
The First boot may take a little time, but you will enjoy Jellybean soon after!