Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 was released in April this year. It is powered by Quad-core 1.9 GHz Krait 300 Snapdragon 600 processor, Adreno 320 GPU, 2GB of RAM. It has a 5″ Super AMOLED display with a 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. It comes with 16/32/64 GB internal storage with an expandable memory. Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 has a 13 MP primary camera and 2 MP secondary camera.
MIUI custom ROMs are not as popular as the CM, Paranoid Android and other such ROMs. It has a very distinct UI which can bring a very refreshing change. Along with the different UI, it has new music, gallery, and camera apps, and an altered phone dialer that displays matching contacts as a user enters a number. So if you want to try out on your device, follow the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S4:
- Make a Backup of the data on your device
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Samsung Galaxy S4 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- MIUI zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to Install MIUI ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the MIUI zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to your device.
- Switch off the phone and boot into Recovery mode.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache. Also format the system.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the MIUI zip file.
- Now again wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.