Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of the best selling Smartphones in the market. It offers some wonderful features, but there are some users who might want to customize it for better use. A XDA developer has introduced a mod that will help an individual in customizing the status bar of the Samsung Galaxy S3. This mod adds options in the default Date and Time settings that let you show or hide AM/PM and the day of the week, or even hide the clock entirely.
Other changes that have been introduced in this mod are – Day and Date all caps, choose MON or Mon – JAN or Jan, am/pm size, set status bar clock and date color, set status bar color/transparency, set notification panel color/transparency, ASOP lock screen on/off, set incoming call widget color (Restart Needed), hide ongoing text, hide no notification text and lots of other stuff. It is a point to be noted that this mod works for stock ROM only.
Follow the instructions given below to install this mod on the Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery Installed
- Mod zip file
- First and foremost, make a Nandroid backup incase anything goes wrong.
- Download the Mod zip file and place it on the root of the SD card. Root of the SD card means that the file should not be placed within any folder on the SD card
- Go in to the recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Go to “Advanced” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the file downloaded in step 2.
- Reboot the phone.
Once the phone has booted, the user can go to Settings and check if the installation of this mod was successful.