Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of the best selling Smartphones in the market. It offers some wonderful features, but there are some users who might want to customize it for better use. A XDA developer has introduced a mod that will help an individual in customizing the status bar of the Samsung Galaxy S3. This mod adds options in the default Date and Time settings that let you show or hide AM/PM and the day of the week, or even hide the clock entirely.

Galaxy S3

Other changes that have been introduced in this mod are – Day and Date all caps, choose MON or Mon – JAN or Jan, am/pm size, set status bar clock and date color, set status bar color/transparency, set notification panel color/transparency, ASOP lock screen on/off, set incoming call widget color (Restart Needed), hide ongoing text, hide no notification text and lots of other stuff. It is a point to be noted that this mod works for stock ROM only.

Follow the instructions given below to install this mod on the Samsung Galaxy S3.

• Samsung Galaxy S3 must be rooted
  • Custom Recovery Installed
  • Mod zip file

1. First and foremost, make a Nandroid backup incase anything goes wrong.
  2. Download the Mod zip file and place it on the root of the SD card. Root of the SD card means that the file should not be placed within any folder on the SD card
  3. Go in to the recovery mode.
  4. Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
  5. Go to “Advanced” and delete the dalvik cache.
  6. Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the file downloaded in step 2.
  7. Reboot the phone.

Once the phone has booted, the user can go to Settings and check if the installation of this mod was successful.

You might also like these post :

About Lazy Smurf

I am a tech geek. I keep myself updated with all the recent happenings in the smartphone world. | Add my circles on Google+ :

1. Posted February 17, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

my status bar is gone after i reboot what happen im using SGS3 i9300

AP: I9300XXEMA2

CP: I9300XELK1
    CSC: I9300OLBEMA1

PLZ HELP :-(

• Lazy Smurf
      Posted February 17, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

Didnt u create a Nandroid Backup before installing this mod?? Restore from recovery mode.

• fuckyou
        Posted June 6, 2013 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

dumbass, this.shit doesnt work

2. Posted February 19, 2013 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

nothing happend for me, twrp said it successfully installed but i got nothing in settings allowing me to change things. is this for 4.1.1 only? i have the i535 vz, running leaked 4.1.2

• Lazy Smurf
      Posted February 20, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

It works on stock ROM only.

• Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

oh ok, so if i flash back to 4.1.1 stock then i should be good to go. i had originally used odin to flash to a 4.1.1 version that had SU injected into it, which then rooted me.

is there an easy way to root if i choose use odin to flash back to bone stock?

• Lazy Smurf
          Posted February 23, 2013 at 6:03 am | Permalink

If you are back on stock ROM, it should work.

3. overdrive
    Posted April 18, 2013 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

GT-I9300 JB 4.1.2 XXEMB5 Rooted – no status bar and phone settings after installation =)

4. Riccardo
    Posted May 2, 2013 at 8:35 am | Permalink

The Status Bar on Wanamlite Stock ROM works, but the clock disappeared! Why?

5. JcenLee
    Posted May 3, 2013 at 8:22 am | Permalink

anyone have anything like tht for the LTE version of the GS3? i blindly gave it a shot, but it dint work for this mod! :/ any help would be most awesome! :)

6. Oli
    Posted May 5, 2013 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

Lol, settings gone. How shit is this mod?

7. Oli
    Posted May 5, 2013 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

It’s ok, I didn’t want any settings on my phone anyway…