Samsung Galaxy S4 was released in March. It has two variants – Galaxy S4 I9500 and Galaxy S4 I9505. The Galaxy S4 I9500 has a Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 processor, Adreno 320 GPU, 2 GB RAM, 5″ Full HD Super AMOLED screen, 13 MP rear camera, 2 MP front camera, 2600 mAh removable battery and 16/32/64 GB internal storage which is expandable upto 64 GB.
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 originally ran on Android 4.2.2. Earlier, Galaxy S4 I9505 got an official Android 4.3 update. This update is also available for the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. Samsung might take some time to push out the OTA update. You can install it manually rather than waiting for the update. Follow the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S4 I9500:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to Install Android 4.3 on Galaxy S4 I9500:
- Make a backup of your data.
- Extract the contents of Odin3 3.07.zip on your computer and install Odin on the PC.
- Turn off the phone and make sure it is not connected to the computer.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode by switching it off and then simultaneously pressing the Volume Down + the Home key button. While holding these both buttons, you need to switch on your device.
- Open Odin. Connect your phone to the computer and allow the drivers to install. You will see the “Added!!” message on Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for your phone.
- In the Odin Menu, make sure to check the Auto-Reboot and F.Reset options.
- Download the Android 4.3 zip file on the computer. Extract it and you will get a TAR file.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and select the TAR file extracted in the previous step. Do not make any unnecessary changes on Odin.
- Click the Start button in Odin and wait for a few moments.
- Your phone will automatically reboot. Done!