The CyanogenMod team have extended their support to the HTC One Mini (M4) by developing their Android 4.4.2 based CM 11 ROM for it. It all started with the initial release of a test build a couple of days back with nightly builds now also available.
The HTC One Mini was launched in July last year after the tremendous success of its bigger brother, the One (M7). The One Mini had a 4.3-inch screen, 1.4 GHz dual-core Snapdragon 400 processor, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, 4 MP UltraPixel camera and 1.6 MP front-facing camera. It originally ran on Android 4.2.2. Now follow the below steps to install the official CyanogenMod 11 ROM, running on Android 4.4.2, on it.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC One Mini:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- HTC One Mini bootloader must be unlocked
- HTC One Mini must be rooted and have custom recovery installed
- Official CM 11 ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the latest CM 11 ROM zip file and the Gapps zip file and copy it to the root of the internal storage of your HTC One Mini.
- Now turn off your device and boot into recovery mode.
- After you enter recovery mode, tap on “Wipe” and perform “Swipe to Factory Reset”.
- Next select “Install Zip”, then “Select Zip” and choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Again select “Install Zip”, then “Select Zip” and choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the installation is complete, reboot your device.
That’s it. You have successfully installed official CyanogenMod 11 (CM 11) ROM on your HTC One Mini.
Note: The ROM is still a nightly and may contain few bugs.