The official CyanogenMod 11 nightlies have started rolling out for the International variant of the LG G2 (D802). The custom ROM brings about a much needed upgrade to the LG flagship device, as it is yet to receive an update from the Android 4.2.2 with which it came stocked. Apart from this, the tweaks and features of CyanogenMod make this ROM one of the must have ROMs for G2 users.
The G2 has a 5.2 inch 1920 x 1080 True HD-IPS screen. It is powered by a 2.26 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and 2 GB RAM. It also has 16/32 GB internal storage but no external memory card slot. The device sports a 13 MP rear camera and a 2.1 MP front facing camera. As mentioned earlier, it runs on Android 4.2.2. We had previously seen how to install the CM 10.2 ROM on it. Let us now see how to install CM 11 on it.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your LG G2:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- LG G2 must be rooted
- LG G2 must be bootloader unlocked
- Custom recovery must be installed
- Official CM 11 ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the latest CM 11 ROM zip file and the Gapps zip file and copy it to the root of the internal storage of your LG G2.
- Switch off your device and boot into recovery mode.
- Now you have to perform a full data wipe.
If you are using CWM custom recovery, follow the below steps:
A. First select “wipe data/factory reset” and then choose “Yes”.
B. Select “wipe cache partition” and then choose “Yes”.
C. Finally select “advanced”, then select “wipe dalvik cache” and then choose “Yes”.
If you are using TWRP custom recovery, just tap on “Wipe” and perform “Swipe to Factory Reset”.
- Next select “Install Zip”, then “Select Zip” and choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Again select “Install Zip”, then “Select Zip” and choose the Gapps zip file this time.
- Finally reboot your device.
You have successfully installed CyanogenMod 11 ROM on your LG G2.
Note: The ROM is still in nightly stages and so it may contain few bugs. Also do not try to restore apps and their data using Titanium Backup as it may cause few problems.