Samsung Galaxy Nexus is the third phone in the Nexus series and Samsung’s second Nexus device. It is the first phone to feature on-screen virtual buttons, rather than the more traditional hardware-based buttons found on all previous hardware. The Galaxy Nexus has a 4.65” HD Super AMOLED 720p display featuring the PenTile matrix and curved glass. It also has NFC support to be able to work with Google Wallet and as Android Beam. The dual-core TI OMAP 4460 in the Galaxy Nexus clocks in at 1.2GHz, and is backed by 1 GB of RAM.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Nexus:
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Samsumg Galaxy Nexus must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- PACman zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to Install PACman ROM on Galaxy Nexus:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the PACman zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to your phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache. Also format the system.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the PACman zip file.
- Now again wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.