All the major ROM development teams have started developing the Android 4.3 versions of their ROMs. And the PACman team isn’t the one to be left behind in this case. Although dependent on the CyanogenMod ROM, the AOKP ROM and the Paranoid Android ROM for its development, the PACman team have started rolling out their Android 4.3 ROM for various devices. The Sony Xperia Tablet Z is one such device to get this ROM.
The Xperia Tablet Z is the tablet counterpart to the Xperia Z series of smartphones from Sony. Launched earlier this year, it was both water resistant and dust resistant. Apart from this, it was also the slimmest and the lightest tablet at the time of its launch. It originally ran on Android 4.1.2 while an Android 4.2 update was planned for it. We have previously seen how to install CM 10.2 ROM and AOKP ROM on the Xperia Tablet Z. Let us now proceed in installing the PACman ROM on it.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Sony Xperia Tablet Z:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Sony Xperia Tablet Z must be bootloader unlocked
- Sony Xperia Tablet Z must be rooted
- Custom Recovery must be installed
- PACman ROM zip file (Wi-Fi or LTE)
- Gapps zip file
- Download the latest PACman ROM nightly zip file as per your tablet variant (Wi-Fi or LTE) and the Gapps zip file and copy it to the SD card of your device.
- Turn off your device and boot into recovery mode.
- Now tap on “Wipe” and perform “Swipe to Factory Reset”.
- Again tap on “Wipe”, then “Advanced Wipe”, select “System” and perform “Swipe to Wipe”.
- Next tap on “Install”, choose the PACman ROM zip file and then perform “Swipe to Confirm Flash”.
- Again tap on “Install”, choose the Gapps zip file this time and perform “Swipe to Confirm Flash”.
- Now tap on “Wipe”, then “Advanced Wipe”, select “Dalvik Cache” and “Cache” and perform “Swipe to Wipe”.
- Finally reboot your device.
You have thus successfully installed PACman ROM on your Sony Xperia Tablet Z.
Note: The ROM is a nightly build and so may contain few bugs.