The PACman ROM is a fusion of three ROMS: the Paranoid Android ROM, the AOKP ROM and the CyanogenMod ROM. Its developers take the important and useful features from these ROMs and port it into the PACman which makes it one of the best ROMs in the Android community. And with all those ROMs being updated to their latest and final versions before the arrival of Android 4.4 Kitkat, the PACman ROM is surely one to try about to experience the above three ROMs at once.
HTC launched its flagship device earlier this year, the HTC One. Packed with impressive hardware and a beautiful interface to support it makes the One, one of the best devices of this year. Verizon soon launched their variant of the One which ran on Android 4.2.2 unlike the other carrier locked versions of the phone which ran on older version of the OS. We have already seen how to install this ROM on the regular HTC One. Let us now proceed in installing it on the Verizon variant.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Verizon HTC One:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Verizon HTC One Bootloader unlocked
- Verizon HTC One must be rooted
- Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- PACman ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the latest PACman ROM nightly zip file and the Gapps zip file and copy it to the root of the internal storage of your device.
- Boot into recovery using the following method: Turn off your device and then press the volume down and power button together until the HBOOT menu is displayed. Then use the volume button to navigate to “Recovery” and select it using the power button.
- Once inside recovery, select “wipe data/factory reset” and then choose “Yes”.
- Next Select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the PACman ROM zip file.
- Again select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the Gapps zip file this time.
- Finally reboot your phone.
That’s it. You have successfully installed PACman ROM on your Verizon HTC One.
Note: The ROM is still in nightly stages and so may contains few bugs.