Paranoid Android (PA) is one of the most popular ROMs in the Android community which is right up there with the CyanogenMod (CM) ROMs and the AndroidOpenSourceProject (AOSP) ROMs. Probably its best feature is the Halo, which is a floating notification panel, that gives you the option to free up some more screen space, and grants access to PA’s multitasking functionality. You can just click on the circle when the notification for an app comes in which will open that app without you having to close what you were doing previously.
It also allows you to choose phone mode, phablet mode as well as tab mode, as per your need. We have already seen how you can install Paranoid Android on your old Nexus 7. We will now learn to install it on your Nexus 7 (2013). The Nexus 7 (2013), which is the successor to the old one was launched by Google last month and came with the latest Android 4.3 version. We have already seen how to unlock bootloader and how to root and install custom recovery in the device. Lets proceed in installing Paranoid Android in it.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 7 (2013):
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Rooted Nexus 7 (2013)
- Unlocked bootloader
- Custom recovery (TWRP) installed
- Paranoid Android 3.98 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the Paranoid Android and Gapps zip files and copy them to the root of the internal storage of your device.
- Turn off the device and boot into fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power. From there, boot into recovery.
- Now tap on “Wipe”. Then tap on “Advanced Wipe”. Select “Dalvik Cache”, “Data” and “Cache” and then perform “Swipe to Wipe”.
- Next go back to recovery and tap on “Install”. Select the Paranoid Android zip file and perform “Swipe to Confirm Flash”.
- After the install is complete, tap on “Home”.
- Now again tap on “Install”. Select the Gapps zip file and perform “Swipe to Confirm Flash”.
- Once the install is complete, tap on “Reboot System” and you have successfully installed Paranoid Android 3.98 on your Nexus 7 (2013).
Note: After you have rebooted your system, you will see the Paranoid Android boot animation after which you will get a black screen. Do not panic, just wait for some time and the device will boot itself.