Paranoid Android ROMs are fast gaining popularity among the Android community. The introduction of Halo 2.0 feature by Paranoid Android makes their ROM a tad unique from others and is one of the main factors in attracting users. This Halo, which is nothing but a floating button, allows efficient use of the ROM’s multitasking feature. The 2.0 version allows users to view full notifications rather than just text from the applications.
The HTC One is the flagship device of the Taiwanese manufacturer. It was launched at the beginning of this year and had Android 4.1.2 in it. Later HTC also launched a Google Play Edition version of the One which also gained popularity among users. We have already seen how to install the Google Play Edition ROM on the One. We will now proceed in installing Paranoid Android 3.99 in it.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC One:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Rooted HTC One
- Custom Recovery installed
- Paranoid Android 3.99 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the Paranoid Android 3.99 and the Gapps zip files and copy them to the root of the internal storage of your HTC One.
- Now boot into recovery using the following method: Turn off your device and then press the volume down and power button together until the HBOOT menu is displayed. Then use the volume button to navigate to “Recovery” and select it using the power button.
- Once inside recovery, select “wipe data/factory reset” and then choose “Yes”.
- After this, select “wipe cache partition” and then choose “Yes”.
- Next select “Advanced”, then select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and choose “Yes”.
- Now select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the Paranoid Android 3.99 zip file.
- Again select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card” and choose the Gapps zip file.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your device and you have successfully installed Paranoid Android 3.99 ROM on your HTC One.
Note: The ROM may contain some bugs such as NFC so decide accordingly whether you wish to install it.