The Paranoid Android (PA) ROMs have been updated to the Android 4.3 versions. The latest PA ROMs, version 3.99, include the all new Halo 2.0 feature. This has further optimized the ROM’s efficient multitasking abilities. It is also one of the few ROMs that allow users to switch between phone mode, tablet mode as well as phablet mode as per their need.
The Xperia Z Ultra was launched by Sony a few months back after the success of the flagship Xperia Z. This huge smartphone has a 6.4″ 1080p full HD display screen, 2.2 Ghz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage which can be expanded up to 64 GB via a microSD card. It sports a 8 MP rear camera, 2 MP front camera and has a 3050 mAh battery. It originally ran on Android 4.2 and is water and dust proof.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Sony Xperia Z Ultra:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia Z Ultra bootloader must be unlocked
- Xperia Z Ultra must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Paranoid Android ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the latest version of Paranoid Android 3.99 ROM and the Gapps zip files and copy them to the SD card of your device.
- Switch off your device and boot into recovery mode.
- Now select “Install zip”, then “Select zip” and choose the Paranoid Android zip file.
- Again select “Install zip”, then “Select zip” and choose the Gapps zip file this time.
- Next perform a “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”.
- Next wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Finally reboot your device.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Paranoid Android 3.99 ROM on your Sony Xperia Z Ultra.