Paranoid Android (PA) recently updated their Halo feature to the 2.0 version. This feature of the PA ROMs has been lauded for it’s multitasking abilities and uniqueness. The update brings about significant changes that further enhance the multitasking experience for users. The floating button now shows full notifications after tapping it which allows user to use notification bar apps without having to exit the current application.
The Nexus 4 originally came with Android 4.2 but later an Android 4.3 update was made available for it. We will now learn how to install Paranoid Android 3.99 (Android 4.3), that features the Halo 2.0, on the Nexus 4. We have already seen the steps in installing a previous Paranoid Android ROM on the Nexus 4. The procedure in installing the latest PA is almost similar with only a few additional steps involved.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Rooted Nexus 4
- Custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) installed
- Radio and Bootloader files
- Paranoid Android 3.99 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the Paranoid Android, Radio and Bootloader and Gapps zip files and copy them to the root of the internal storage of your device.
- Turn off the device and boot into recovery mode. To do this, follow the below steps:
A. Press and hold the volume up, volume down and power button simultaneously.
B. Use the volume up or down buttons until you see Recovery on the screen and then press the power button to boot into it
- Now perform a “Factory Reset”.
- Next flash the Radio file from your SD card by selecting “Install” and choosing the Radio zip file.
- Go Back and flash the Bootloader file by again selecting “Install” and choosing the Bootloader zip file.
- Go Back again and flash the Paranoid Android zip file in the same way as the above.
- Finally flash the Gapps zip file in the same way.
- Now perform “Wipe Cache” and then reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully installed Paranoid Android ROM running on Android 4.3 on your Nexus 4.