The Galaxy S2 is Samsung’s successor to the bestselling Galaxy S smart phone. With features such as being ultra-thin, a high quality rear camera, and HSPA+ Radio, the Galaxy S2 was a hit with consumers. It had a 1.20GHz ARM Cortex A9 processor, 1GB of RAM and 8 MP camera. When it was released, it came with Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS.
There are many custom ROMs available for the Galaxy S2. Previously, we saw how to install CM 10.2 ROM (Android 4.3) on the Galaxy S2. Paranoid Android is another custom ROM which has become popular due to its unique features like the Halo feature. Also, it has the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS. So if you wish to install the Paranoid Android ROM on your Galaxy S2, then follow the instructions given below.
Note: This tutorial is only for the Galaxy S2 i9100. Do not follow this tutorial for any other carriers or variants.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S2:
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Samsumg Galaxy S2 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Paranoid Android zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to Install Paranoid Android ROM on Galaxy S2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Paranoid android zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to your phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache. Also format the system.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Paranoid Android zip file.
- Now again wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.