Samsung’s latest flagship device, the Galaxy S5, has a 5.1-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display with 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor and 2 GB RAM. It also has 16/32 GB internal storage which can be further expanded via MicroSD card, 16 MP rear camera, 2.1 MP front camera and 2800 mAh battery. The device was launched a couple of months back and runs on Android 4.4.2.
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) have now launched their official custom recovery for this device. A custom recovery, as we know, is very useful for performing many crucial operations such as installing a custom ROM, factory resetting your device, managing and restoring backups and many more. The TWRP custom recovery is widely used and is popular for its interface and easy to perform actions. There are many ways to install this recovery on your device. Let us see how to install it via Odin.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Samsung Galaxy S5:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Download the TWRP custom recovery file and Odin zip file to your computer.
- Unzip the Odin zip file and run the Odin3 v3.09.exe file.
- Click on the PDA button and select the TWRP custom recovery file that you downloaded in step 1.
- Switch off your Galaxy S5 and enter download mode. You can do this by pressing Volume Down + Power + Home buttons.
- Connect your Galaxy S5 to your computer via USB. Odin will recognize your device and a blue box will appear in it confirming the recognition.
- Make sure that the re-partition box is not ticked.
- Click on Start and wait for the process to complete.
That’s it. You have successfully installed TWRP custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S5.