The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 comes in 3 sizes – 7″, 8″ and 10.1″. The Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 owners who want to install custom ROMs on their device will first have to root their device and then install custom recovery like CWM or TWRP. We have already seen how to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. This tutorial will give step by step instructions on how to install the TWRP recovery on the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0.
Note: This procedure is only for the 7″ Galaxy Tab. Do not use it for the 8″ and 10.1″ Galaxy Tab.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Tab 3:
- Make a Backup of the data on your Android
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab 3:
- Extract the contents of Odin3 3.07.zip on your computer and install Odin on the PC.
- Turn off the tablet and make sure it is not connected to the computer.
- Boot the tablet into Download Mode by holding the home button, volume down and power all at the same time. Then press the volume up button.
- Open Odin. Connect your tablet to the computer and allow the drivers to install. You will see the “Added!!” message on Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for your tablet.
- Download openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-blackhawk.tar.V2 zip file to the computer and extract the downloaded zip to get a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and locate the TAR file for your tablet. Do not make any unnecessary changes on Odin. Doing so will brick your tablet!
- Click the Start button in Odin.
- Your tablet will automatically reboot. You will also see the “PASS” message on Odin.
- Once the Samsung logo appears on the screen, you can disconnect your tablet from the computer.
- Now restart the tablet. Done!