Android 4.2.2 update was rolled out in the last month. It was available for all Nexus devices. A month has passed and already custom ROMs running on the Android 4.2.2 OS are available for these devices. Samsung Galaxy Nexus is one of the devices to get custom ROMs running on the latest Android version.
A ROM based on the Xperia Z skin has been developed by a XDA member for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. It doesn’t just have the looks. It has the hardware modifications of a Sony Xperia Z as well such as Bravia Engine. This ROM also has some of the modifications introduced by the developer. There are some minor bugs that can be pointed out. However this ROM can be used for daily purposes.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus must be rooted
- Bootloader unlocked
- Latest version of Custom Recovery
- ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Make a Nandroid backup of the device.
- Download the ROM zip file and Gapps zip file from the above links and place it on the SD card.
- Reboot into the Recovery Mode.
- Perform a full wipe (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition).
- Go to “advanced” and wipe the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Select zip from SD card” and choose the ROM zip file.
- Now again clear the cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to “Select zip from SD card” and choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the device. First boot can take a little time.