Recently, Sony announced the Xperia Z1. It was launched only a few days ago. It is a typical high end device. But the thing that separates it from other high end devices is it’s camera. The Sony Xperia Z1 possesses a 20.7 MP rear camera. The camera consists of 27mm wide-angle G Lens optics – similar to the Carl Zeiss lens – and a Bionz image processor, which is a first for any smartphone. The device has a large 1/2.3-inch sensor, which is used in Sony compact cameras, and F/2.0 aperture that helps improve photo quality under low light conditions. The phone is capable of streaming live videos to Facebook as well.
XDA developer krabappel2548 has managed to port the camera app of the Sony Xperia Z1 to the Xperia Z. Some of the features ported to the Xperia Z are Info Eye, Augmented Reality effects, Timeshift mode, Manual Mode, Social Cast mode, Automatic mode. So if you want to install this app on the Xperia Z, follow the instructions given below.
Note: This mod has been successfully tested on stock ROM. However it might not work on all the ROMs.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z:
- Make a Backup of the data on your device
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Bootloader unlocked
- Xperia Z must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Camera App zip file
Steps to Install Camera App on Xperia Z:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Camera App zip file. Transfer it on your Android.
- Switch off the device and boot the device into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip ” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Camera App zip file.
- Reboot the device.
- Now go to Settings >> Applications >> All Apps. Force close and clear data of the Camera and Camera Common apps. Done!