Sony entered the phablet market with the Sony Xperia Z Ultra. It has a huge 6.4″ full HD display. The device is powered by a quad core 2.2GHz Qualcomm processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB RAM and LTE connectivity. It is IP58 certified, meaning it is dust and water proof, and water resistant to 1 meter or 30 minutes. It features an 8MP camera, 16GB of internal storage and it runs on a large 3050mAh battery.
Sony recently launched the latest flagship – Xperia Z1 with its USP being the 20.7MP camera. Previously, we saw the Xperia Z1 camera ported to Xperia Z. Now this camera app has also been ported to the Xperia Z Ultra. Some of the features ported to the Xperia Z Ultra are Info Eye, Augmented Reality effects, Manual Mode, Social Cast mode, Automatic mode. However, the Timeshift mode is not available for the Xperia Z Ultra. So if you want to install this app on the Xperia Z Ultra, follow the instructions given below.
Note: This mod has been successfully tested on stock ROM. However it might not work on all the ROMs.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z Ultra:
- Make a Backup of the data on your device
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Bootloader unlocked
- Xperia Z Ultra must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Camera App zip file
Steps to Install Camera App on Xperia Z Ultra:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Camera App zip file. Transfer it on your Android.
- Switch off the device and boot the device into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip ” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Camera App zip file.
- Reboot the device.
- Now go to Settings >> Applications >> All Apps. Force close and clear data of the Camera and Camera Common apps. Done!